Concord – The Young Democrats of North Carolina are excited to roll out a fantastic new initiative we call the Dogwood Program. With grassroots organizing as its foundation, Dogwood encourages our chapters to participate in their local elections by providing logistical and financial support that hasn’t been seen from our organization in years.
The key piece of this program is the Dogwood Corps: an ambitious plan to hire five paid organizers from within YDNC to organize across North Carolina. Members of the Dogwood Corps will be key players in increasing youth participation ahead of the critical 2022 midterms, as well as supporting seven incredible Young Democrats running for public office this year through phonebanking and GOTV efforts. Organizers will be paid $15/hour for ten hours a week up until the end of election week.
As part of the Dogwood Program, YDNC is also proud to announce that it has endorsed the following Young Democrats for election as our inaugural Dogwood candidates:
- Dalton George – Boone City Council (Watauga County)
- Deans Eatman – Wendell Commissioner (Wake County)
- Michael Careccia – Lenoir City Council (Caldwell County)
- Michael Cooper – North Wilkesboro Mayor (Wilkes County)
- Chris Suggs – Kinston City Council (Lenoir County)
- Dylan Moore – Reidsville City Council (Rockingham County)
- Preston Blakely – Fletcher City Mayor (Henderson County)
If you’re interested in supporting these candidates or applying to join the Dogwood Corps, you can do so at the links below: